Please read these terms & conditions. These do not affect your statutory rights under UK Law.
- EMS Internet Ltd will use reasonable endeavours to ensure a prompt and continuing service as described in the specification (“the Service”) but will not be liable for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by circumstances beyond the direct control of EMS Internet Ltd, or by errors or omissions of the Customer. EMS Internet Ltd specifically excludes any condition of warranty as to the accuracy of third party information received through the Service.
- EMS Internet Ltd will not be held liable for indirect, economic or consequential loss whatsoever.
- The liability of EMS Internet Ltd in contract or in connection with the supply of the Service shall be limited in respect of any one event or a series of two or more connected events to the value of the domain name(s).
- Breach of Terms and Conditions by customers shall lead to termination of Service with no entitlement to refund.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and, once registered, domain names cannot be changed in their name or extension without the costs due in the registration of a new name with the appropriate registry costs.
Contract of Service
- The contract period shall be for the whole term of fees paid by the Customer until the expiry of the valid domain name period usually two years from the date of registration. 14 days' notice of cancellation must be received in writing, prior to the renewal date of a domain name or any other products.
- EMS Internet Ltd may elect to suspend or terminate the Service immediately on any default of payment by the Customer.
- From time to time, parts of the EMS Internet Ltd network may be taken off-line for repair or routine maintenance. EMS Internet Ltd will endeavour to give as much notice as possible but will not be held liable for any unscheduled downfall in the Network due to extraneous conditions including but not limited to Act of God, inclement weather, act of telephone or Governmental organisations or power failure.
Improper Use and Liabilities
- The Customer shall acknowledge that he/she will only use the Service for lawful purposes. The Customer shall not use the Service to receive or transmit material which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property (including any trade mark or Copyright). This extends to violations due to any spamming and or bulk email activity for which EMS Internet Ltd can and will follow up in the Courts of Law.
- The Customer shall take reasonable precaution to prevent the reception and transmission of viruses to the EMS Internet Ltd Network and beyond and shall not attempt any intentional and malicious damage to the EMS Internet Ltd Network or use the Service to affect other computers.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to keep all usernames and passwords secure and not give third parties knowledge or access to them or allow them to be stored on any computer in plain text or in a format that is easily accessible.
- The Customer will notify EMS Internet Ltd immediately by telephone or e-mail in any event of a username or password becoming known to a third party.
- The Customer hereby indemnifies EMS Internet Ltd or its trading concerns against any action taken by a third party resulting from the Customer’s use of the Service.
- The Customer shall notify EMS Internet Ltd of any action taken against them by a third party and will not hold EMS Internet Ltd liable for any resulting costs.
- The Customer shall be responsible and liable for any costs to telephone companies by use of the Service from their point of connection.
- The Customer acknowledges that EMS Internet Ltd cannot exercise control over the content of information passed across the Internet and via the Service.
- The Customer agrees to conform to the acceptable policies of connecting to other Networks or computers across the Internet.
- The Customer agrees not to re-assign, re-sell, sub-lease or transfer their account in any way, shape or form without the proper procedures being followed as required by the appropriate domain name registry. Contravention shall lead to immediate termination of the Service to the Customer by EMS Internet Ltd.
Domain Name Agreement
- EMS Internet Ltd will register a domain to an individual and/or company on a per domain basis and the individual or company is granted exclusive use of this domain so long as all fees are paid and the balance of any accounts are kept up to date.
- By registering a name you agree to keep EMS Internet Ltd, its associated companies and its Directors fully and effectively indemnified at all times against action brought about by any person, persons or company against you in using the name. You will assume liability and costs for any such action and release EMS Internet Ltd and its associated companies should any such situation arise.
- Any registered domain can be used for any legal, decent and honest use on the Internet and must not breach any UK laws. The name cannot be used for any immoral or pornographic use. The registrant agrees to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the appropriate domain registry before ordering a domain name for registration by EMS Internet Ltd.
- EMS Internet Ltd shall not be liable for indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including loss of income, data, or information in any event by use of the Service.
- EMS Internet Ltd reserves the right not to register or assign any domain name for whatever reason.
- EMS Internet Ltd reserves the right to delete or suspend any domain name if payments have been defaulted upon and may, at its discretion, levy admin charges in re-establishing any domain or service thereof.
- EMS Internet Ltd reserves the right to vary the rate charged for domain name registrations and renewals and/or modify the services offered providing at least 28 days' notice via its website of any cost or service changes.
General Terms & Law
- EMS Internet Ltd reserves the right to do normal system housekeeping such as creating back-ups AND do not accept responsibility for ensuring back ups work - your data security is your own problem.
- If EMS Internet Ltd suspect illegal activity, we may notify the authorities and reserve the right to do anything on the system which our lawyers advise us to do in the protection of the system.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Central London County Courts or the London High Court in all disputes arising out of or relating to your use of the EMS Internet Ltd service.
- You acknowledge that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and EMS Internet Ltd as a result of your use of EMS Internet Ltd. You agree not to hold yourself out as a representative, agent or employee of EMS Internet Ltd. You agree that EMS Internet Ltd will not be liable by reason of any representation, act or omission to act by you.
- Each respective Registry (ie Nominet, InterNic etc...) will notify the legal registrant of the disputed domain(s) of their position and liaise with all parties in dispute as determined by their respective terms and conditions of service provision. EMS Internet Ltd cannot enter into any direct involvement with the resolution of any dispute other than inform and relay to its client any information supplied by the appropriate Registry as we have no ultimate control over of any domain assigned by any Registry.
- Refunds are at the discretion of the management team.
- The Customer has the right to withdraw from or cancel their Service Agreement with EMS Internet Ltd within the first 72hrs of any new agreement in writing by recorded post only. Any domain transfers should be made in writing via email only and no refunds will be due for domain registrations.
- Domain transfer requests - provided all details are correct and procedures followed by the customer - should be carried out by EMS Internet Ltd within 24hrs of receiving the customer’s email assuming also all outstanding invoices/balances have been settled by the customer with EMS Internet Ltd. In the event of a customer wishing to transfer the IPS tag relating to their domain name to another Internet Service Provider (ISP), a small transfer charge equal to the current annual hosting charge will become payable.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and it’s owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and it’s external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Folded Book Art or Used Model Trains For Sale.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and it’s owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor it’s owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened url’s published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine url’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links
Resources & Further Information
v.2.0 April 2013 Edited & customised by: EMS Internet, 1410 Centre Park Square, Warrington WA1 1RU.